Thursday, August 8, 2013

Kurt Schwitters

I really like this piece by Kurt Schwitters, especially because I have been working with found object art lately and working with the idea of layers and stacking actual 3D objects in ways that make the viewer think of them differently. I love the variety in objects that he included, the round objects as well as the rectangle pieces. I love the weathered look the piece has to it. Its aged...Its been through a lot. the piece speaks for itself in that all of the objects seem to have a story to tell. I like the addition of the screen material, it breaks up the wood pieces and adds pattern and a new texture. I think the muted color pallete is great. I dont think it would work as well if this piece was saturated color. I even like how the viewer can see the nails. It has a rough quality to it, like a weathered cowboy that is really interesting to view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment