Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Crane Arts Building


Crane Arts Building

 Monday July 8, 13





I recently found my way to the Crane Arts building located at 1400 N. America Street.  The one show that I visited was the Novis Oculi: Pennsylvania State University School of Visual Arts MFA Exhibition.  The space was laid out very well and you could move freely around the work without the sense of it being to crowded.  There is a lot of different work to see, which is obvious because it is a MFA Exhibition.  There are many pieces that I found to be interesting to look and really spend some time studying.

On particular piece caught my eye instantly as I walked in the room.  A piece by Christina Erives titled “Pan de Vida”.  It is a large table made entirely of ceramics.  Every item is ceramics even the table.  What impressed me was the size and the fact that the entire piece was made of ceramics.  There was so much going on with the details and what was on the table I found myself walking around it multiple times.  After a while of pacing I began to really pay attention to the detail that were applied to different items on the table.
 was not the only piece in the show that stood out to me.  There were many others and I strongly suggest taking a trip to the Crane Art building to see what other MFA students have been working on in there program




No comments:

Post a Comment