Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Clay Studio 

Teaser


Teaser for next First Friday at the Clay Studio.  The Clay Studio is currently setting up and will official being opening a MFA show August 2nd.  The work features MFA students from all over the country as far as California.  I was able to see a sneak peak of some of the work.  The work has some interesting pieces on display.  There are works that focus on pushing the boundaries of functional ware.  Other pieces deal with texture, geometric shape paired with organic shapes.  Unfortunately there were not any name tags so I could take further notes on specific pieces.  I think the work was very good and I enjoyed looking at what the MFA students from around the country have been working on in other programs.  My only problem I was having with the show was that is was similar to other MFA shows that I have seen before.   Here is a fun piece that has a unique combination of colorful texture and balance with the clay body of the form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment